There are two parts in the comprehensive examination.
Part I : Written Examination
- There are two parts in the comprehensive examination;
- Part I: Microeconomics and Production and Marketing Management
- Part II: Macroeconomics: Theory and Practice
- Each part consists of three questions . The total is six questions.
- Students must answer the total of three questions by selecting at least one question from each part.
- Students who answer more or less than three questions are classified as “fail”
- Students must answer in English
Example of Choices
|Q1 : P||Q2 : F||Q4 : P||Pass|
|Q1 : F||Q5 : P||Q6 : P||Fail|
|Q1 : ?||Q2 : P||Q4 : ?||Pass|
|Q1 : F||Q2 : ?||Q4 : P||Fail|
|Q3 : ?||Q5 : P||Q6 : F||Fail|
|Q1 : ?||Q2 : ?||Q4 : ?||Fail|
|Q1 : P||Q4 : P||Fail|
|Q1 : ?||Q2 : ?||Q6 : P||Pass|
- The score will be “P” (pass) , “F” (fail) and “?”
- Students must pass both Micro & Macro.
- Students who pass the written exam are entitled to sit for the oral exam as scheduled.
- Students who fail in the written exam must register in the first term of the next academic year and take the second comprehensive exam which will be announced in due time.
- MABE students are allowed to get copies of previous comprehensive exam questions.
Part II : Oral Examination
- A number of questions will be prepared by professors in each group and each question is enclosed separately in an envelop.
- Each student can select the total of two questions but one question at time. If student cannot answer the first question then he/she can select the second question.
- Students must answer in English.
- The score will be “P” (pass) and “F” (fail)
- Students must pass at least one question.
- Students who fail in the oral exam must register in the first term of the next academic year and sit for the second comprehensive examination that includes written exam and oral exam.
Code of Conduct:
- Only stationery and simple calculator are allowed, other devices such as all kinds of dictionary, palms and mobile phones are prohibited.
- Exam booklets must be submitted to invigilators on time, otherwise your booklets will not be examined and graded.
- The result of any misconduct during the examination is F for that particular course, and be suspended for 2 consecutive semesters or expelled